Wednesday 15 February 2012

Malice@Doll

I spent the morning battling with the Sickening Sprawl. After a sustained offensive I managed to slice its mighty tendrils and force it to retreat to the corners where the spiders hide. At noon it was time for my family to arrive. I love my family very much but I am not a fan of entertaining - it always makes me a little nervous - however the luncheon turned out rather well and everyone seemed happy so I was able to relax and enjoy the most amazing chocolate cake that Fluffball had made for the occasion. Fluffball is the best!
Once everyone was sated it was time for a long game of Cluedo which was most splendid. Lucille was especially happy because she was the first to unmask the murderer and solve the crime.
All in all it was a lovely day spent with Mama, Papa, Lucille & co and, of course, Fluffball. ♥

In the evening Fluffball went to visit friends and I curled up on the sofa to watch  'Malice@Doll' directed by Keitaro Motonaga. This tale of dolls and machines, and their interactions and transformations in a post-human world, is a beautiful and thought provoking anime. The visual element of this film is stunning - it is very strange and surreal. The film explores a dialogue between the beautiful and the grotesque, contrasting the wonder of love and connection, with the horror of loss and destruction. The film has a sexual undercurrent with elements of fetish and bdsm hence the certification of the film as an 18. 'Malice@Doll' is a visual feast for the imagination which I would most definitely recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment